Earth-Friendly Ways to Welcome Babies, Pets
10/09/2014 08:06PM ● Published by Family Features
Bringing a new member of the family home - be it a baby or pet - is sure to result in many happy smiles, giggles and messes. Whether it's your child eating spaghetti for the first time or your puppy trailing in mud after a rainy day, joyful moments with your little loved ones create memories and clean-ups.
Babies and pets have other things in common: their precious paws touch just about everything, and whatever they can reach might end up in their mouths. So around these curious cuties it's a good idea to clean with naturally derived cleaners.
Tackling the to-dos that come along with these new additions is also a good time to adopt other green habits that will help preserve pretty places for them to explore and enjoy as they grow.
The good news is that there are easy and effective sustainability solutions that will allow you to focus on enjoying - and cleaning up after - your family without extra effort.
- Save money: Adding another person or pet to the household also adds a lot of costs. Be friendly to your wallet and the earth by purchasing previously loved, gently used toys and clothes.
- Save time: With all the added duties that come from babies and pets there's very little time to make homemade cleaners. As an alternative, head to your local Target for a naturally derived cleaner like Green Works All-Purpose Cleaner, which shockingly powers through grease, grime and dirt from the cooktop to the countertop.
- Filter for good: Water is important for babies and pets alike. Whether you're using it to make formula as an alternative to breast feeding or simply providing your pet with a drink, using a water filter is an easy way to get clean, clear and great-tasting water from any tap.
- Make it convenient: Clean hands are always important, but especially when dealing with new babies and pets. Keep eco-friendly hand soap near the kitchen sink and in bathrooms for family and guests to wash their hands before holding the baby or after playing with pets. Green Works Hand Soap, found at Target, is free of parabens and phthalates and gently cleans while stimulating the senses with an invigorating scent.
- Don't double up: Newborn skin is very sensitive. For this reason, new parents tend to buy a separate laundry detergent to wash their baby's clothes. Instead of buying two detergents, switch to an effective, naturally derived detergent, stain remover and bleach for the entire family.
To find more information on green cleaners and tips visit www.GreenWorksCleaners.com, and to find a full selection of products, visit your local Target store.
Photo courtesy of Getty Images