Cure Cravings with Satisfying Snacks
12/29/2014 03:35AM ● Published by Family Features
When a snack attack hits you, your mood may influence the flavor you crave. Taking a more mindful approach will let you savor what you eat and give you a more satisfying snack experience.
Mindful eating is all about being more aware of what foods you choose - such as the connection to your senses and emotions.
Being more conscious of snacking habits can help you make smarter, well-balanced choices and be more intentional with your snacks to be sure you're truly answering your craving.
Hone in on your senses of taste and touch with these ideas so you can sit down and savor your next snacking session:
- Enjoy the natural sweetness of fruit with a parfait by layering your favorite fruits with plain or vanilla yogurt and topping with a handful of granola.
- Top a slice of banana bread with a smear of rich, creamy spreadable cheese, such as The Laughing Cow Creamy Swiss, and add a crunchy protein punch with walnuts.
- Slice a potato in paper-thin pieces and bake in a single layer at 400°F for about 15 minutes, flipping half-way. Sprinkle with a dash of sea salt before serving either alone or with dip.
- Jazz up plain popcorn with an assortment of lightly salted nuts and dried fruit.
- Dip pretzel sticks in a light coating of melted chocolate (roll in crushed nuts while chocolate is still wet for extra crunch).
- For a fresh take on traditional veggies, top mini bagels with a creamy sun-dried tomato and basil spread, such as the Creamy Mozzarella, Sun-Dried Tomato & Basil Flavor by The Laughing Cow, and add your favorite veggies (cherry tomatoes, roasted red pepper, mushrooms, etc.) for a delicious white pizza.
- Treat your taste buds with a richly flavored cheese spread, such as those available from The Laughing Cow, smeared over a thinly sliced baguette or multi-grain muffin.
- Mash an avocado with a dash of salt, pepper and garlic; add a squeeze of lime juice and some diced tomatoes for an instant guacamole dip to enjoy with corn chips or tortilla wedges.
For more satisfying snack suggestions, visit www.thelaughingcow.com.