Bring Big Flavor to Easy Weeknight Dining
01/04/2016 04:38AM ● Published by Family Features
(Family Features) There’s no time like the present to begin incorporating healthier meals into your menus – but that doesn’t mean you have to broadcast it to your family.
Deliver big taste with fewer calories and less sodium than you might expect with this Garlic Cream Elbows with Sun-Dried Tomatoes and Basil recipe. Pantry-friendly ingredients get the creamy Parmesan-enhanced pasta on your table in just 30 minutes.
Made with premium durum wheat semolina and added inulin, a prebiotic fiber from chicory root, Dreamfields pasta gives this recipe a nutritional boost providing 5 grams of fiber and 7 grams of protein per one-cup, cooked serving. Inulin helps promote healthy digestion and can help you feel full longer, which helps you keep up with your busy and healthy lifestyle without sacrificing taste or texture.
Pair it with a tasty side salad or grilled chicken breast for an extra boost of protein. It’s a mouthwatering meal that’s sure to become a staple at the dinner table all year round.
Look for Dreamfields’ black box in the pasta aisle of supermarkets nationwide. For more information and pasta salad recipes, visit dreamfieldsfoods.com.
Garlic Cream Elbows With Sun-Dried Tomatoes and Basil
- 8 ounces (about 2 cups) Dreamfields Elbows
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/3 cup julienne cut sun-dried tomatoes, not packed in oil, divided
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil, divided
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in large, deep skillet, heat butter over medium heat until melted. Add onion; cook 5 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Add garlic to skillet; cook 1 minute or until fragrant, stirring frequently. Stir in flour; cook and stir 1 minute or until flour is dissolved and mixture is smooth and paste-like. Gradually whisk in milk, about 2 tablespoons at a time, until sauce thickens.
- Stir in Parmesan cheese until well combined. Stir in chicken broth. Reduce heat; simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Season with salt and pepper, as desired. Remove from heat.
- Add pasta to skillet; toss to combine. Stir in 1/4 cup of the tomatoes and 1/4 cup of the basil. Season with salt and pepper, as desired. Top with remaining tomatoes and basil; serve immediately.