Valentine's Day Proposal Advice
● By Family Features
Valentine's Day, not surprisingly, is one of the most popular days of the year for engagements. Surveys have shown that approximately six million Americans plan or expect a marriage proposal on Valentine's Day. For hopeful grooms everywhere, such expectations can create more than a bit of pressure to create and deliver the perfect proposal.
For more than 100 years, Helzberg Diamonds has helped millions of would-be grooms with their special proposals. One of these grooms was an unsuspecting bachelor named Kyle. When Kyle entered Helzberg Diamonds, he thought he was appearing in a documentary about ring shopping, but the team had a unique proposal of their own, offering to help create the proposal of a lifetime for the love of his life. The catch? He would receive the perfect ring for free, but had to pop the question within 48 hours.
Fortunately for Kyle, the team at Helzberg was ready to help him work out all the details for the ultimate romantic proposal for his now-fiance, Madison. But Kyle's not the only one to receive an assist from the diamond experts.
"No one knows more about engagement rings and proposals than Helzberg Diamonds," said Beryl Raff, Chairman and CEO of Helzberg Diamonds. "Celebrating all of life's special moments and making people feel loved has been a part of our company since we began more than 100 years ago. We love to share in the celebrations of life's happiest moments."
For others that may have a Valentine’s Day proposal on the horizon, Helzberg.com offers a number of helpful resources, including exclusive offers, diamond-buying guidelines and even a proposal checklist to ensure grooms have all their bases covered. Grooms can even download Helzberg’s Proposal Pro mobile app containing a complete guide to popping the question, including a secret way to get her ring size.
Here are a few proposal tips grooms may want to consider:
1. Ask for her parents’ blessing. This is one of the most important decisions in their daughter’s life, so it’s equally important to have their blessing.
2. Do your homework. A proposal planner is a great idea for those who need help to flawlessly coordinate all the details. If you don’t have a planner, check out your future bride’s Pinterest page. Chances are she will have pinned her favorite ring styles, flowers and other wedding ideas.
3. Make the proposal as unique as your love story itself. Whether it is a romantic dinner at your first date location, at the end of an adventurous bike ride or in the middle of your alma mater's football game, the proposal should hold special meaning for both people. Consider incorporating her favorite flowers, a special song and including people in your lives that support you both.
4. Keep it simple. You should speak from the heart and tell her why she is loved and when you knew she was the one. When it feels natural, get down on one knee and pop the question.
5. Think of her. How will she want to remember this moment? Find a way to make sure she is looking and feeling her best. She will want to look “proposal ready.”
6. Capture the moment. Getting engaged is one of the most exciting times for a couple. Document the moment by hiring a professional photographer or videographer to ensure you are getting great images that will last a lifetime.
Helzberg Diamonds loves to hear about proposals and love stories. Share your love story by using #WeProposeYouPropose to tell us about your engagement. Be sure to visit Helzberg.com/WePropose for more information on how to be the next lucky groom.