Make Memories with Holiday Meals12/19/2017 03:31AM ● By Family Features
Holiday meals are all about creating memories with loved ones at the family table. One way to make those special moments truly stand out is to fill your table with delicious recipes and the perfect wine pairings to help make the meal unforgettable.
Begin the dining experience with a perfect light bite like scallops to tease the taste buds. Try pairing this starter with a versatile option from an established producer like Louis Jadot Mâcon-Villages (SRP: $14.99) – which shows floral, apple and citrus aromas and flavors – to help bring out the distinct flavor profile. Choosing wines from an established producer is one way to help ensure you will select crowd-pleasing wines. For example, Jadot – one of the most trusted names in Burgundy – offers consistency and quality at an affordable price point.
“The scallops and truffles complement the wine’s crisp, bright and refreshing fruit finish beautifully,” said Allison Fasano, resident chef at Urbani Truffles. “The light citrus notes awaken the flavors of the scallops. The beurre blanc is buttery, and the earthiness of the truffles throughout makes for a perfect match with the wine.”
A hearty main course like Beef Tenderloin with Truffles alongside Louis Jadot Beaujolais-Villages (SRP: $13.99) – a crisp, fruit-forward, juicy wine with expressive aromas and flavors of ripe red berries – can help fulfill guests’ desires for a savory meal.
Find more affordable, versatile wines to pair with holiday recipes at Facebook.com/LoveJadot.
Beef Tenderloin with Truffles
(Filetto Di Manzo con Tartufo)
Recipe courtesy of Allison Fasano, Urbani Truffles resident chef
- 1 center-cut beef tenderloin, about 3 pounds
- freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch (optional)
- 1/2 ounce Urbani Black Truffles
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1 white onion, diced
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 sage leaves
- 2 tablespoons Urbani Truffle Butter
- 2 cups dry wine, divided
- 2 shallots
- 1 cup beef stock
- Heat oven to 350° F. Season beef on all sides with salt and pepper.
- Heat skillet or pan to high with olive oil; add beef and sear all sides, about 3-4 minutes on each side, until brown and crust forms.
- Remove beef from pan and let rest. Add cornstarch, truffles, garlic, carrot, celery, onion, rosemary, bay leaves and sage leaves to skillet and lower heat to medium-low. Allow to cook 10-15 minutes, or until vegetables are soft. Add beef back to skillet.
- Deglaze skillet with 1 cup wine, scraping up brown bits from bottom of pan.
- Place skillet in oven to allow beef to finish cooking at desired temperature.
- While tenderloin is roasting, in saucepan over medium heat, melt truffle butter. Add shallots and saute until softened and lightly golden, 8-10 minutes. Add remaining wine and simmer until almost completely reduced. Add stock and simmer until it reduces and thickens slightly, about 10 minutes. Remove sauce from heat and season with salt and pepper.