Brighten Your Spring Table With These Citrus Focused Recipes03/18/2015 11:33AM ● By Ryan Frisch
Grapefruit & Kale Salad
- 1 pink grapefruit
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 8 cups kale, center ribs and stems removed and thinly sliced
- 1 avocado, halved, pitted, and sliced into 1/2-inch wedges
- 1/4 cup walnuts or slivered almonds
1. Using a sharp knife, remove the peel and pith from the grapefruit. Working over a bowl, cut between the membranes to separate the segments.
2. Squeeze the juice from the membranes into a small bowl, and add any accumulated juices from the bowl with the segments (there should be about 1/4 cup of juice total). Whisk the olive oil into the grapefruit juice and season with salt and pepper.
3. Place the kale in a large bowl and toss with about 3 tablespoons of the dressing. Let stand for 10 minutes to allow the kale to wilt slightly. Toss again, and then arrange the grapefruit segments, avocado slices, and walnuts or almonds over the kale. Drizzle with the remaining dressing and serve.
Easy Lemon-Garlic Chicken
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 3 Tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 1/2 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
Combine all ingredients in a large resealable bag. Add chicken to the bag and coat with the marinade. Marinate in the fridge for at least an hour and cook chicken as desired.
Cilantro Lime Rice
Serves 2 to 4
- 2 cups hot, cooked long-grain or jasmine rice
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- Zest of 1 small lime
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
Add lime juice, zest, cilantro, and
salt to cooked rice. Fluff with a fork to combine and serve warm.