Savor Spring Flavor with Fresh Seafood Recipes04/16/2023 01:57PM ● By John Gales
Fresh, flavorful ingredients take springtime meals to another level, and it’s hard to top seafood as a seasonal favorite. Skip the wait at restaurants and instead create your own savory seafood dishes by taking advantage of easy-to-make recipes.
While takeout may be an easy option, the satisfaction of enjoying a delicious, home-cooked meal like Shrimp Pad Thai with Jasmine Rice can make you feel like you’re enjoying a restaurant-quality dinner. Next time you’re craving Asian cuisine, swap out traditional rice noodles for this version with Jasmine rice as an aromatic, quick-cooking solution for your own spin on a classic.
Take the guesswork out of cooking rice with an option like Success Boil-In-Bag Rice, which offers a heat safe, BPA-free and FDA-approved solution for fluffy, flavorful rice that cooks up perfectly. The high-quality grains are quick, easy, mess-free and ready in 10 minutes, so you can enjoy hassle-free dishes such as Successful Crab and Rice Cakes.
These crispy crab cakes come together easily and are served with a zesty, homemade aioli that tastes just like you’re on the coast. If you’re new to making crab cakes, it’s simpler than it may seem – just cook rice beforehand so it can cool then mix in beaten eggs, seafood and seasonings. Refrigerating and resting the mixture helps it hold together before frying to a mouthwatering golden brown for a delicious appetizer, snack or side dish.Visit SuccessRice.com to find more springtime meal ideas.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
- 1 bag Success Jasmine Rice
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili garlic sauce
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons dry roasted peanuts, chopped
- 4 lime wedges
- Prepare rice according to package directions. Set aside.
- In small bowl, combine brown sugar, fish sauce, lime juice, soy sauce and chili garlic sauce. Set aside.
- In large wok or skillet over high heat, heat 1/2 tablespoon oil. Quickly scramble egg. Remove from pan and reserve.
- Add remaining oil to wok over high heat. Add shrimp and garlic; stir-fry 5 minutes, or until shrimp are cooked. Add reserved sauce and rice; stir-fry 2 minutes. Add green onions and reserved egg; toss to combine.
- Divide pad Thai between four bowls. Top each with bean sprouts, cilantro and peanuts. Serve with lime wedges.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
- 1 bag Success Brown Rice
- 2 eggs
- 1 pound lump crabmeat
- 2 tablespoons seafood seasoning
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 lemon, zest and juice only
- lemon wedges (optional)
- To make crab cakes: Prepare rice according to package directions. Allow to cool.
- In medium bowl, beat eggs lightly. Stir in rice, crabmeat and seafood seasoning; mix well. Refrigerate 5 minutes. Shape mixture into eight patties.
- In large, nonstick skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Working in batches, carefully place patties in skillet. Cook 5 minutes on each side, or until golden brown. Transfer to paper towel-lined plate.
- To make aioli: Stir together mayonnaise, garlic, lemon zest and lemon juice.
- Serve aioli with crab cakes and garnish with lemon wedges, if desired.