7 One-Pot Recipes for Back-to-School Season
08/16/2016 04:34AM ● Published by Family Features
School is back in session, and so are hectic weeknights with little time to cook dinner. Instead of reaching for ready-made meals or takeout, serve up tasty one-pot dinners made with wholesome ingredients like spaghetti squash and quinoa. These seven kid-friendly recipes bring everything together in a single baking dish or skillet, so there's less prep and clean up, and more time for reconnecting around the dinner table.
- Spaghetti Squash Shrimp Lo Mein – Load up on veggies with this weeknight version of an Asian takeout favorite. Carrots, bell pepper and shrimp are flavored with soy sauce, ginger and garlic. Try a microwave shortcut to cook the spaghetti squash and have it on the table in no time.
- Fall Skillet Pot Pie – Rotisserie or leftover chicken, refrigerated biscuits and an oven-proof skillet make this comfort food favorite a weeknight reality. Add sweet potatoes, peas and flavor with thyme, cinnamon and garlic powder.
- Quinoa Taco Skillet – McCormick Organics Taco Seasoning Mix adds kid-friendly flavor to this skillet dinner made with quinoa, ground turkey, fresh tomatoes and corn.
- Creamy Tomato Italian Parmesan Chicken – Tender chicken simmered in a creamy red sauce, fresh parmesan and freshly ground Italian herbs make for a perfect weeknight dish. Whether you serve with pasta, atop Italian bread or let the chicken be the star, this dish is a guaranteed crowd-pleaser.
- Chicken Noodle Casserole – Everyone's favorite soup gets a casserole treatment. Simply combine pasta, chicken, vegetables and gooey cheese with the flavors of pepper, garlic and Italian seasoning for a comforting weeknight meal, perfect for leftovers.
- Chicken Fajita Soup – Warm up with a one-pot wonder that gets a Tex-Mex twist from McCormick Organics Fajita Seasoning Mix. Let the family customize with toppings like avocado, cheese, sour cream and tortilla strips.
- Chicken Chili with Apple and Sweet Potato – Say goodbye to beans and whip up a new fall chili the whole family will love. Kitchen Basics Organic Chicken Stock gives the quick dish a rich, cooked-all-day flavor.